In collaboration with Shizuoka University, ENVS will hold a study tour to Shizuoka, Japan this summer (3 - 10 August 2016). We are inviting six ENVS and LIFS students to join this 8-day study tour.
OUR PARTNER - Shizuoka University
Established in 1949, Shizuoka University (静岡大学) is a national university in Shizuoka Prefecture of Japan. Shizuoka Prefecture is rich in agricultural, forestry and fisheries resources, and boasts one of Japan's highest concentrations of food, chemical and biotechnology-related companies. The Faculty of Science at Shizuoka University is renowned for their research relating to the geology and natural resources of the region. (Source of information: http://www.shizuoka.ac.jp)
Professor Stanley Lau, UG Coordinator of ENVS Programs
All ENVS and LIFS undergraduate students are eligible to apply
• One-day research cruise in the Suruga Bay to learn seawater, sediment and plankton collection techniques;
• Visit to Disaster Prevention Center to experience an simulated earthquake and learn to protect yourself;
• Excursion to Mt. Fuji to learn its geology and groundwater systems; and
• Academic and cultural exchange with students in Shizuoka University.
All activities will be conducted in English.
Upon completion of the study tour, participants are required to:
• Submit a report of the study tour
Note to applicants
• Participants are required to travel and stay with the team throughout the tour, unless otherwise advised by the tour leader. No separate inbound and/or outbound travel arrangements will be entertained.
• The program fee includes: round-trip airfare to Tokyo, round-trip train tickets between Tokyo and Shizuoka, 7 nights of hotel accommodation (twin-shared). Shizuoka University will cover all expenses associated with scientific and academic exchange activities.
• The program fee does NOT include: travel document/visa application or personal expenses out of the official program such as meals.
Download: Application Form